Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has been awarded a large PMC Duqm Refinery project in Oman which is expected to run for around 4 years. We are expected to start mobilizing successful candidates by the end of Q4 2017. The successful candidate will be based in Madrid, Spain and once work at the EPC location has been completed, the employee will be transferred to the Oman site to work on a residential status assignment if requested by the client.
If you are interested in the position of Lead Planner based in Muscat, Oman, please apply to the requisition and we will be in touch with you to discuss your application further.
Please note this position will be hired on a single status basis.
Skills / Qualifications
- Be accountable for the control and supervision, monitoring and guidance of the day-to-day activities of the Planning team
- Supervise, deliver a resourced robust baseline project schedules (team size dependent)
- Oversee the coordination and production of all project plans and associated documents (S curves, Histograms, tabulated man hour / progress data)
- Provide the Management Team with the relevant contract information
- Ensure that all services and deliverables conform to Company, client and Project QA Plan, policies, requirements and standards
- Promote good working relations within the Project Controls Teams and other project departments and client representatives
- Ensure all planning work is carried out in compliance with Corporate and Project specific procedures
- Liaise with the project team and planners to resolve conflicts
- Carry out planning team competency assessment and development
- Commit to and promote company values and ensure the realization of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
- Minimum 15 years experience in major oil / gas projects in a similar position
- A degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or similar diploma
- Must have experience in chemical, hydrocarbon, petrochemical and industrial plant development using EPC contracts
- Must be experienced in the use of Primavera Project Planner Ver. 6
- Must be familiar with planning and scheduling of activities for all aspects of EPCC of major oil / gas plants
- Must have the ability to read and interpret contract terms, conditions and specifications, knowledge of quality control and assurance functions, methods of progress measurements and verification
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. web address removed> Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Muscat.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process