Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has been awarded a large PMC Duqm Refinery project in Oman which is expected to run for around 4 years. We are expected to start mobilizing successful candidates by the end of Q4 2017. Successful candidate will be based in Sharjah, UAE and once work at the EPC location has been completed, employee will be transferred to the Oman site to work on a residential status assignment if requested by the client.
If you are interested in the position of Head of Project Control based in Muscat, Oman, please apply to the requisition and we will be in touch with you to discuss your application further.
Please note this position will be hired on a single status basis.
Skills / Qualifications
- To provide oversight and review of the EPC contractor planning and scheduling of the assigned projects including EPC contractor staff plans and manpower histograms and project progress measurement, etc.
- To apply all planning and scheduling techniques as appropriate in accordance with the approved Project Services Execution Plan
- To ensure that the Project Services Systems provide the best possible control tools for the supervisory staff on the project to allow them to control their work efficiently
- Maintain up to date knowledge of planning software and techniques as used on the contract and ensure as well that the staff maintain their skill and knowledge
- To ensure that the project manager, construction manager and the EPC package are aware of any potential threats to completion on schedule, and to propose remedial action
- To play a leading role in the management of the EPC package project to which assigned
- To ensure that planning staff are identified, recruited, trained and assign who are competent, experienced and cost effective
- To appraise performance of subordinates and identify / implement training and development needs
- To establish and promote good working relations with his team, project staff and the customer
- Development of the staffing plan and execution for the project organization to ensure resource is available
- Preparation of internal and client weekly and monthly project status reports
- Review of EPC contractor schedules and programmes
- Twenty years experience in major oil / gas projects in a similar position
- A degree in quantity surveying, engineering or similar diploma
- Must have 15 years experience in the EPC Contracts for chemicals, hydrocarbons, petrochemicals and industrial plants development
- Must be fully aware of contract types, project planning, project execution work processes, EPCC, cost estimating systems and softwares and manufacture processes for critical and major project equipment
- Must be familiar with Monte Carlo simulations for risk analysis, ISO 9000 requirements, project financial analysis,etc..
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. web address removed> Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Muscat.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process