College Profile: Somatics Systems Institute
Missions of Clinical Somantics:
* Clinical Somatics will be the preferred healthcare modality for this century.
* Our goals, strategies, growth initiatives, behavior, and education must be responsible to and supportive of this reality.
* To succeed in these efforts, we as practitioners, teachers and students must have clarity, a sense of value, a sense of responsibility, integrity, authenticity, and congruity, and expectations that are both realistic and positive.
* A safe, conservative, and tolerant approach should not result in a lack of passion, confidence, and clarity regarding the context and value of this work.
* Our passion and enthusiasm shall not breed thoughtlessness; in fact, this passion requires us to act with thoughtful strategy, comprehensive planning, consistency and a standard of sustainability and consideration of all parts of a whole picture.
* Clinical Somatics is so powerful and effective, that it may deliver above average results even when competency is poor. However, this is no excuse: A competent, refined, clear, and masterful practitioner is always a better option; and this is our core goal and standard.
* In support of masterful practitioners, we must build and maintain masterful systems and methods that not only nurture but create success.
* Our entire mission is in service of the health and potential of human kind - alleviation of unnecessary suffering, ignorance, limitation, and failure; and facilitation of optimal health, potential, and successful moving and aging.
* Our entire mission is in service people.
* Somatics is a powerful system of concrete techniques and outcomes, which developed from abstract intellectual ideas. However, concretely speaking, Somatics exists for and because of people - our clients, staff, associates, vendors, colleagues, and advisors. We will always strive to treat them with respect and presence. People are the most important part of what we do.