College Profile: Georgia Piedmont Technical College
Established in 1961, DeKalb Technical College is one of the oldest and most respected of Georgia's 33 technical colleges. Recognized for our student-centered atmosphere, DeKalb Technical College prepares individuals with the education, training, and skills to enter the workplace ready to make a difference in their hiring companies and in the ever changing global economy.
DeKalb Technical College is committed to preparing students for successful careers and maximizing student success.
Residents of DeKalb, Rockdale, Newton, and Morgan counties have the opportunity to attend classes at one of two campuses and five centers conveniently located throughout the service area. DeKalb Technical College provides real-world skills for rewarding careers. In fiscal year 2007, the College served 18,420 students and conferred 1,608 awards to graduates earning associate degrees, diplomas and technical certificates of credit.Graduates have a 99 percent job placement rate with 90.2% graduate placement in jobs in or related to their program of study or in further education.
The best kept secret in Georgia is the HOPE Program. HOPE, Helping Outstanding Pupils Educationally,provides financial assistance for students to enter and to complete associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs as follows: HOPE scholarships assist students in associate degree programs ("B" average required); HOPE grants assist students in diploma and certificate programs ("B" average not required), and HOPE vouchers assist GED graduates to enter postsecondary technical education.
Our programs are guaranteed. Curriculum standards have been developed with direct involvement of business and industry. These standards serve as the industry-validated specifications for each occupational program. "If one of our graduates educated under a standard program or his/her employer finds that the graduate is deficient in one or more competencies as defined in the standards, the technical college will retrain the employee at no instructional cost to the employee or the employer." This guarantee is in effect for a period of two years after graduation.
Students also have the opportunity to accelerate the power of their resume with membership in campus clubs and organizations. With opportunities ranging from the chess club to the international honor society, Phi Theta Kappa, DeKalb Technical College students can easily fulfill their need to serve and be recognized.When a prospective employer sees Student Government Association on a resume, they know the applicant is a team player with experience in getting things done.
The DeKalb Technical College adult education program is one of the largest adult and international literacy programs in the state.Programs and services offered include adult basic reduction (ABE), GED preparation and testing, English literacy programs (ELP), and citizenship education (EL/Civics) and are offered at 18 convenient locations throughout the four-county service area.
DeKalb Technical College is a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, a unified system of technical education, custom business and industry training and adult education. Our programs use the best available technology and offer easy access to lifelong learning for all Georgians. This system is part of a seamless education process for Georgia in which students can transfer credits efficiently as they advance from secondary schools to technical colleges and to the colleges and universities within the University System of Georgia.
404-297-9522 (financial aid)
||1,000 - 4,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Georgia Piedmont Technical College Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Communications Systems Installation and Repair Technology.
- Medical/Clinical Assistant.
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping.
- Welding Technology/Welder.
- Small Business Administration/Management.
- Data Processing and Data Processing Technology/Technician.
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic).
- Drafting and Design Technology/Technician, General.
- Human Resources Management/Personnel Administration, General.
- Wood Science and Wood Products/Pulp and Paper Technology.
- Construction/Heavy Equipment/Earthmoving Equipment Operation.
- Architectural Drafting and Architectural CAD/CADD.
- Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician.
- Data Modeling/Warehousing and Database Administration.
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration Maintenance Technology/Technician (HAC, HACR, HVAC, HVACR).
- E-Commerce/Electronic Commerce.
- Early Childhood Education and Teaching.
- Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Technology/Technician.
- Machine Shop Technology/Assistant.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training (LPN, LVN, Cert.
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General.
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications.
Question and Answer about "Georgia Piedmont Technical College"
No questions found...