College Profile: Prairie View A & M University
Prairie View A&M University is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and service. It is committed to achieving relevance in each component of its mission by addressing issues and proposing solutions through programs and services designed to respond to the needs and aspirations of individuals, families, organizations, agencies, schools, and communities--both rural and urban. Prairie View A&M University is a state-assisted institution by legislative designation, serving a diverse ethnic and socioeconomic population, and a land-grant institution by federal statute.
Having been designated by the Texas constitution as one of the three "institutions of the first class" (1984), the University is committed to preparing undergraduates in a range of careers including but not limited to engineering, computer science, natural sciences, architecture, business, technology, criminal justice, the humanities, education, agricultural sciences, nursing, mathematics, and the social sciences. It is committed to advanced education through the master's degree in education, engineering, natural sciences, nursing, selected social sciences, agriculture, business, and human sciences. It is committed to expanding its advanced educational offerings to include multiple doctoral programs.
Though the University's service area has generally extended throughout Texas and the world, the University's target service area for offering undergraduate and graduate programs of study includes the Texas Gulf Coast Region; the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor; and urban Texas centers likely to benefit from Prairie View A&M University's specialized programs and initiatives in nursing, juvenile justice, architecture, education, and social work.
The University's public service programs offered primarily through the Cooperative Extension Program target the State of Texas, both rural and urban counties. The University's research foci include extending knowledge in all disciplines offered and incorporating research-based experiences in both undergraduate and graduate students' academic development.
936-857-2424 (financial aid)
||Public, 4-year or above|
||5,000 - 9,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Prairie View A & M University Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||Yes
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||No
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Health and Physical Education, General.
- Agriculture, General.
- Music Performance, General.
- Drafting and Design Technology/Technician, General.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Information Science/Studies.
- Health Services/Allied Health/Health Sciences, General.
- Voice and Opera.
- Physics, General.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Finance, General.
- Animal Sciences, General.
- Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences, General.
- Counselor Education/School Counseling and Guidance Services.
- Special Education and Teaching, General.
- Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Agricultural Economics.
- Mathematics, General.
- English Language and Literature, General.
- Computer and Information Sciences, General.
- City/Urban, Community and Regional Planning.
- Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies, Other.
- History, General.
- Mathematics Teacher Education.
- Industrial Technology/Technician.
- Construction Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Elementary Education and Teaching.
- Communication Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric.
- Psychology, General.
- Social Work.
- Civil Engineering, General.
- Reading Teacher Education.
- Engineering, General.
- Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering.
- Microbiology, General.
- Family Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner.
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Educational Leadership and Administration, General.
- Computer Engineering, General.
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies.
- Political Science and Government, General.
- Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies, General.
- Computer Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Educational/Instructional Media Design.
- Curriculum and Instruction.
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General.
- Corrections and Criminal Justice, Other.
- Forensic Psychology.
- Management Information Systems, General.
- Technology Teacher Education/Industrial Arts Teacher Education.
- Counseling Psychology.
- Chemistry, General.
- Spanish Language and Literature.
- Soil Science and Agronomy, General.
- Agricultural Teacher Education.
- Architecture (BArch, BA/BS, MArch, MA/MS, PhD).
- Health Teacher Education.
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Music, General.
Question and Answer about "Prairie View A & M University"
No questions found...