College Profile: Blinn College
Blinn College is a four-year academic institution ,that offers a wide range of two-year programs, based in Brenham, Texas with campuses in Brenham, Bryan, Schulenburg, and Sealy. While the Brenham campus is Blinn's main campus, more than 70% of students attend the Bryan campus. As defined by the Texas Legislature, the official service area of Blinn College is the following: all of Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Madison, and Washington Counties,
the Franklin, Hearne, and Mumford school districts located within Robertson County,
all of Austin County excluding the portion within the Brazos Independent School District (NOTE: At the time the district was included it was known as the Wallis-Orchard ISD),
the Gause and Milano school districts located within Milam County,
the portion of the Richards Independent School District located within Walker and Montgomery Counties,
the portion of the Bryan Independent School District located within Robertson County,
all of Fayette County excluding the portion within the Smithville Independent School District,
all of Lee County excluding the portion within the Elgin Independent School District, and
the portion of the Lexington Independent School District located within Bastrop, Milam, and Williamson Counties. Blinn boasts the highest transfer rate in the State of Texas sending students to leading institutions such as Texas A&M University. Blinn transfers more students to Texas A&M University than does any other two-year college. Blinn also has the highest percentage of students who go on to earn their bachelor's degrees. And Blinn technical students score among the best in the state on board and licensure exams. Blinn offers unique co-enrollment and automatic transfer programs with Texas A&M and Sam Houston State University. The TEAM (Transfer Enrollment at Texas A&M) offers students the best of both worlds because they take 3-5 hours at A&M and the remaining hours at Blinn each semester with a guarantee of transfer after two years and a 3.0 GPA. Blinn and Texas A&M also have major-specific automatic transfer plans for students with as few as 24 hours at Blinn. Blinn also has a co-enrollment program with Sam Houston State. The home campus in Brenham offers nationally-recognized athletic programs. The Blinn Buccaneers play football, basketball, baseball, softball and volleyball. The football program won NJCAA championships in 1995, 1996, and 2006. The volleyball team consistently makes the national tournament. Blinn also has award-winning cheerleading and dance teams.
979-830-4146 (financial aid)
||10,000 - 19,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||No
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Blinn College Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||Yes
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Medical Radiologic Technology/Science - Radiation Therapist.
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General.
- General Studies.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training (LPN, LVN, Cert.
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications.
- Chemistry, General.
- History, General.
- Education, General.
- Medical Administrative/Executive Assistant and Medical Secretary.
- Music, General.
- Welding Technology/Welder.
- Dental Hygiene/Hygienist.
- Business/Commerce, General.
- Child Care Provider/Assistant.
- Legal Administrative Assistant/Secretary.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Physics, General.
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal.
- Child Development.
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies.
- Community Health Services/Liaison/Counseling.
- Mathematics, General.
- English Language and Literature, General.
- Foreign Languages and Literatures, General.
- Social Sciences, General.
- Real Estate.
- Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping.
- Communication Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric.
- Psychology, General.
- Health and Physical Education, General.
- Agriculture, General.
- Computer Science.
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic).
- Fire Science/Fire-fighting.
- Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
Question and Answer about "Blinn College"
No questions found...