College Profile: Portland Community College
Portland Community College (or PCC) is Oregon's largest community college, located in Portland. It serves over one million residents in the five county area of Multnomah, Washington, Yamhill, Clackamas, and Columbia. PCC enrolls over 83,000 (55% female, 45% male) students annually in this 1500 square mile (3,900 km²) area in northwest Oregon. The college was founded in 1961 as an adult education program for the local public school system. Voters approved the establishment of an independent district for the college in 1968. There are three main campuses, which are larger facilities offering two-year degrees and a range of typical student services: Sylvania, opened in the Far Southwest neighborhood of Portland in 1968 and serves over 26,000 students annually
Rock Creek, a 256 acre (1 km²) suburban campus opened in 1976, near Hillsboro. It also is home to the Washington County Museum.
Cascade, an urban campus opened in 1971, and located in the heart of North Portland
Southeast Center, in the former home of the local U.S. Corps of Engineers headquarters There are several centers throughout the metropolitan area, which are smaller facilities offering more limited or specialized programs: Central Portland Workforce Training Center, located near OMSI
Portland Metropolitan Workforce Training Center
Washington County Workforce Training Center, also known as the Capital Center
Hillsboro Education Center, on the MAX Light Rail line PCC is a member of the Northwest Athletic Association of Community Colleges, with its men's and women's basketball teams competing against those from the community colleges of Chemeketa, Clackamas, Mount Hood, Lane, Linn-Benton, Southwestern Oregon, and Umpqua.
503-977-4934 (financial aid)
||20,000 and above|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Portland Community College Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Autobody/Collision and Repair Technology/Technician.
- Agricultural Power Machinery Operation.
- Construction Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Teacher Assistant/Aide.
- Welding Technology/Welder.
- Dental Hygiene/Hygienist.
- Machine Tool Technology/Machinist.
- Interior Design.
- Computer Programming, Specific Applications.
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic).
- Music Performance, General.
- Optometric Technician/Assistant.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications.
- Sign Language Interpretation and Translation.
- Landscaping and Groundskeeping.
- Fire Protection and Safety Technology/Technician.
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration Maintenance Technology/Technician (HAC, HACR, HVAC, HVACR).
- Airline/Commercial/Professional Pilot and Flight Crew.
- Food Preparation/Professional Cooking/Kitchen Assistant.
- Medical Radiologic Technology/Science - Radiation Therapist.
- Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Medical/Clinical Assistant.
- Construction Trades, Other.
- Veterinary/Animal Health Technology/Technician and Veterinary Assistant.
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Customer Service Support/Call Center/Teleservice Operation.
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General.
- Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies, Other.
Question and Answer about "Portland Community College"
No questions found...