College Profile: University of Akron Main Campus
Here you will find excellence in the breadth and quality of our 300 academic degree programs, and in the highly talented faculty who will help mold you into a critical thinker. Here you will find a metropolitan setting that places you in the heart of a dynamic, regional economy, and in sync with the pulse of business, government and the community. Most important, here you will discover energy, in the high-tech classrooms of our new academic buildings, in our new Student Union and Student Recreation and Wellness Center, and among the 200 student organizations on campus.
Excellence, opportunity and energy. You will find all three at The University of Akron.
The University of Akron, a publicly assisted metropolitan institution, strives to develop enlightened members of society. It offers comprehensive programs of instruction from associate through doctoral levels, pursues a vigorous agenda of research in the arts, sciences and professions, and provides service to the community. The University pursues excellence in undergraduate and graduate education and distinction in selected areas of graduate
instruction, inquiry and creative activity.
We are in the heart of a dynamic regional economy that allows us to build partnerships with business and government, thus providing our graduates with vast career opportunities. As a result, many of our 107,000 alumni are in the highest echelons in business, education, law, arts, public service and health care.
Campus boundaries are one thing; the limits of our imagination are quite another. Take a walk through the neighborhoods bordering campus to the east and the south, and you'll notice a community moving forward: houses being refurbished into safe, healthy homes; a growing number of storefronts offering groceries and services to area residents, including students. And you'll notice there is more work to be done.
302 Buchtel Common
330-972-7032 (financial aid)
The University of Akron, a publicly assisted metropolitan
institution, strives to develop enlightened members of
society. It offers comprehensive programs of instruction from associate through doctoral levels, pursues a vigorous
agenda of research in the arts, sciences and professions,
and provides service to the community. The University
pursues excellence in undergraduate and graduate
education and distinction in selected areas of graduate
instruction, inquiry and creative activity.
||Public, 4-year or above|
||20,000 and above|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
University of Akron Main Campus Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||Yes
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Sport and Fitness Administration/Management.
- Environmental Health.
- French Language and Literature.
- Child Development.
- Biomedical/Medical Engineering.
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies.
- Data Modeling/Warehousing and Database Administration.
- Computer Installation and Repair Technology/Technician.
- Medical Office Management/Administration.
- Jazz/Jazz Studies.
- Polymer Chemistry.
- Organizational Communication, General.
- Geophysics and Seismology.
- Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies, General.
- E-Commerce/Electronic Commerce.
- Counselor Education/School Counseling and Guidance Services.
- Special Education and Teaching, General.
- Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Office Management and Supervision.
- Health Teacher Education.
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
- Athletic Training/Trainer.
- Mass Communication/Media Studies.
- Music History, Literature, and Theory.
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching.
- Zoology/Animal Biology.
- English Language and Literature, General.
- Psychology, General.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training (LPN, LVN, Cert.
- French Language Teacher Education.
- Dance, General.
- Plastics Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Dietetics/Dietitian (RD).
- City/Urban, Community and Regional Planning.
- Fire Protection, Other.
- Respiratory Care Therapy/Therapist.
- Marriage and Family Therapy/Counseling.
- Science Teacher Education/General Science Teacher Education.
- Hotel/Motel Administration/Management.
- Speech and Rhetorical Studies.
- Audiology/Audiologist and Hearing Sciences.
- Spanish Language and Literature.
- Real Estate.
- Medical Transcription/Transcriptionist.
- Community Psychology.
- Polymer/Plastics Engineering.
- Mathematics Teacher Education.
- Education, Other.
- International Business/Trade/Commerce.
- Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs, Other.
- Microbiology, General.
- Audiology/Audiologist and Speech-Language Pathology/Pathologist.
- Construction Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Accounting and Related Services, Other.
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General.
- Housing and Human Environments, General.
- Elementary Education and Teaching.
- Logistics and Materials Management.
- Apparel and Textiles, General.
- Computer Systems Analysis/Analyst.
- Community Organization and Advocacy.
- Music, General.
- Public Relations/Image Management.
- Broadcast Journalism.
- American Government and Politics (United States).
- Social Studies Teacher Education.
- Small Business Administration/Management.
- Civil Engineering, General.
- Operations Management and Supervision.
- Family and Consumer Sciences/Home Economics Teacher Education.
- Public Administration.
- Substance Abuse/Addiction Counseling.
- African Studies.
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness, Other.
- Communication Disorders, General.
- Engineering, General.
- Mathematics, General.
- Teacher Education and Professional Development, Specific Subject Areas, Other.
- Business Operations Support and Secretarial Services, Other.
- Business Administration, Management and Operations, Other.
- Art History, Criticism and Conservation.
- Surgical Technology/Technologist.
- Voice and Opera.
- Restaurant/Food Services Management.
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications.
- Animal Physiology.
- Physics, General.
- International Relations and Affairs.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Educational Leadership and Administration, General.
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Culinary Arts/Chef Training.
- Computer Engineering, General.
- Fire Protection and Safety Technology/Technician.
- General Merchandising, Sales, and Related Marketing Operations, Other.
- Music Teacher Education.
- Therapeutic Recreation/Recreational Therapy.
- Art Teacher Education.
- Finance, General.
- Junior High/Intermediate/Middle School Education and Teaching.
- Economics, General.
- Advanced Legal Research/Studies, General (LL.
- Political Science and Government, General.
- Sales, Distribution, and Marketing Operations, General.
- Applied Mathematics.
- Educational/Instructional Media Design.
- Early Childhood Education and Teaching.
- Medical Radiologic Technology/Science - Radiation Therapist.
- Criminal Justice/Police Science.
- Medical/Clinical Assistant.
- Education/Teaching of Individuals in Early Childhood Special Education Programs.
- Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General.
- Nursing Administration (MSN, MS, PhD).
- Economics, Other.
- Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Technology/Technician.
- Technical Teacher Education.
- Marketing, Other.
- Graphic Design.
- Management Information Systems, General.
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General.
- Nursing, Other.
- Fine/Studio Arts, General.
- Counseling Psychology.
- Music Theory and Composition.
- Piano and Organ.
- Chemistry, General.
- English/Language Arts Teacher Education.
- Urban Studies/Affairs.
- Fashion Merchandising.
- History, General.
- Public Health, General (MPH, DPH).
- Family Systems.
- Selling Skills and Sales Operations.
- Finance and Financial Management Services, Other.
- Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering.
- Ceramic Arts and Ceramics.
- Fine Arts and Art Studies, Other.
- International Finance.
- Social Sciences, Other.
- Administration of Special Education.
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science.
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Public Administration and Social Service Professions, Other.
- Secondary Education and Teaching.
- Communication Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric.
- Violin, Viola, Guitar and Other Stringed Instruments.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies.
- Social Work.
- Manufacturing Technology/Technician.
- Social and Philosophical Foundations of Education.
- Computer Science.
- Drama and Dance Teacher Education.
- Health/Medical Preparatory Programs, Other.
- Financial Planning and Services.
- Data Entry/Microcomputer Applications, General.
- Management Information Systems and Services, Other.
- Music Performance, General.
- Reading Teacher Education.
- Social Work, Other.
- Political Science and Government, Other.
- Spanish Language Teacher Education.
- Drafting and Design Technology/Technician, General.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Surveying Technology/Surveying.
- Higher Education/Higher Education Administration.
- Human Resources Management/Personnel Administration, General.
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration.
- Theatre/Theatre Arts Management.
- Law (LL.
- Social Sciences, General.
- English Composition.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal.
- Geology/Earth Science, General.
- Statistics, General.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities, Other.
Question and Answer about "University of Akron Main Campus"
No questions found...