The purpose of the College is to provide a learning model which will aid students in increasing their capacity for self-development and self-expression, and will facilitate their engagements in effective social action as members of the world community.
At Sojourner-Douglass College, we believe there are no sharp distinctions between living, learning, and working. Therefore, we approach the community as a learning laboratory where learning can be reconciled with action and study, a concept which reflects student growth through
social and academic utility.
Within the general goals of establishing an independent institution for historically by passed people, specific objectives have been designed to:
1. Assist community people in the development of skills and mind sets necessary to gain control over social, political, and economic forces which shape their lives;
2. Provide the climate and orientation necessary for applied research, leadership and community development;
3. Foster greater emphasis on self-fulfillment, self-renewal, personal liberty, self-awareness, self-learning, social justice, and self- determination;
4. Foster greater commitment to fundamental social change, diversity, and pluralism; and
5. Provide the student with the opportunity to improve the quality of life for him/herself and the community-at-large through the acquisition of knowledge, skills, resources and attitudes necessary for a variety of needs.
||Private not-for-profit, 4-year or above|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Not currently participating in Title IV, has an OPE ID number|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||No
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Sojourner-Douglass College Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
Question and Answer about "Sojourner-Douglass College"
No questions found...