College Profile: Phoenix College
Phoenix College (often referred to as simply "PC") is a community college located in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. Founded in 1920, it is one of the oldest community colleges in the country, which is arguably the reason why it is called Phoenix College as opposed to Phoenix Community College. PC became a part of the Maricopa County Community College District in 1960, and is now considered the flagship campus of one of the largest community college system in the world. Phoenix College consists of the main campus in west central Phoenix, as well as a downtown campus located in the central business district of Phoenix. Phoenix College offers over 200 degree and certificate programs. PC also offers training geared towards professional community/business development and general interest. PC is also home of the Student Services Institute. Phoenix College has 14 sports teams competing in the NJCAA. The women's softball team has won the NJCAA National Women's Softball Division II Championships 5 times in the last 7 years. The school has also won NJCAA championships in baseball (1960, 1962, 1965), men's track and field (1964, 1965, 1966), wrestling (1967-68, 1968-69), men's golf (1964), football (1964), and women's cross country (1985). Many PC alumni have gone on to local and national prominence with successful careers in the arts, business, government, medical, and legal professions. Distinguished alumni include mayors, state senators, Native American tribal leaders, publishers, business executives, two Miss Americas (1949 and 1964) and two Arizona governors. Prominent alumni celebrities include: film star Nick Nolte, Tony Award-winning actor Stephen Spinella, actor Peter Billingsley, daytime television star Jaime Lyn Bauer, Pop/Rhythm & Blues singer CeCe Peniston, and artist Eric Fischl. Several former football players have played in the National Football League including Fred Carr, Bob Wallace, Eugene Jackson, Tom Johnson, Lyn Larsen, Tory Nixon, and "Scooter" Molander. Dennis Layton played for the National Basketball Association's Phoenix Suns and John Smith toured with the Harlem Globetrotter. Bears who have played Major League Baseball include Donnie Lee, Gary Gentry and Dave Rajsich.
602-285-7410 (financial aid)
Phoenix College delivers teaching and learning experiences that inspire the lifelong pursuit of educational, professional, and personal goals for our diverse urban community.
||10,000 - 19,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Phoenix College Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||No
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||Yes
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies.
- Welding Technology/Welder.
- Histologic Technician.
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Assistant.
- General Studies.
- Allied Health and Medical Assisting Services, Other.
- Medical Transcription/Transcriptionist.
- Interior Design.
- Business/Commerce, General.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- Surveying Technology/Surveying.
- Banking and Financial Support Services.
- Hotel/Motel Administration/Management.
- Computer/Information Technology Services Administration andManagement, Other.
- Forensic Science and Technology.
- Nurse/Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant.
- Business/Office Automation/Technology/Data Entry.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General.
- Accounting and Computer Science.
- American Sign Language (ASL).
- Court Reporting/Court Reporter.
- Health Information/Medical Records Administration/Administrator.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies.
- Commercial Photography.
- Building/Home/Construction Inspection/Inspector.
- Fashion/Apparel Design.
- Adult Development and Aging.
- Commercial and Advertising Art.
- Construction Management.
- Psychology, General.
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic).
- Art/Art Studies, General.
- Massage Therapy/Therapeutic Massage.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training (LPN, LVN, Cert.
- Child Care and Support Services Management.
- Health Information/Medical Records Technology/Technician.
- Sign Language Interpretation and Translation.
- Child Development.
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal.
- International/Global Studies.
- Music, General.
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science and Allied Professions, Other.
- Design and Visual Communications, General.
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General.
- Dental Assisting/Assistant.
- American Indian/Native American Studies.
- Fire Science/Fire-fighting.
- Culinary Arts/Chef Training.
- Education, General.
- Apparel and Textiles, General.
- Elementary Education and Teaching.
- Civil Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Family and Community Services.
- Human Services, General.
- Medical/Clinical Assistant.
- Foodservice Systems Administration/Management.
- Educational Administration and Supervision, Other.
- Health and Medical Administrative Services, Other.
- Computer Systems Analysis/Analyst.
- Physical Sciences.
- Computer and Information Sciences, General.
- Architectural Drafting and Architectural CAD/CADD.
- Food Preparation/Professional Cooking/Kitchen Assistant.
- Dental Hygiene/Hygienist.
Question and Answer about "Phoenix College"
No questions found...